Re: Why are some packages from yocto not built

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 04:57 AM, Alexander Larsson wrote:
Looking over the manifest, are there any particular reason that these
modules could not be used as-is from yocto:

I've gone back and forth on this over time.  There are a number of
cross-cutting issues:

- Sometimes, we've needed a newer version of a component than
  Yocto provides (e.g. we're building colord git master), and where
  the upstream is managed in git and is sane, it's been convenient
  to just add it to the manifest.
- libxml2 is in GNOME git, and Continuous did catch issues with it.
  If it was in Yocto, then we lose the continuous testing/delivery aspect
  that to me is the primary goal of Continuous.
- Some modules have as dependencies on things in the continuous
  manifest.  Offhand I don't think that's the case for anything in your
  list below.

gperf
libpng
iso-codes
libarchive
json-c

I'm OK if these are all in Yocto.

lcms2

OK to move, but per above comment we'll have to be prepared to
override the Yocto version since we're tracking colord git.

libmxl2
libxslt

Would like to keep these in the manifest unless someone has a strong
reason *not* to, as they're in GNOME git.