Re: Confounding behaviour of gnome-contacts and empathy.

Hi,

On Tue, 2019-09-03 at 09:42 -0700, peter easthope ca wrote:
In debian 10 here, the gnome-contacts command starts the application
and a new contact can to added.

Empathy notifies in bold letters, "You haven't added any contacts
yet".  Meanwhile the "Add Contact" button is pale grey;
disabled.  Any
ideas to allow empathy access to contacts?

Empathy is officially deprecated upstream in GNOME, so if Debian is
still shipping it, I suggest you ask on Debian channels about this
issue. If that fails, you could also try GNOME Discourse, which is
starting to substitute for our mailing lists:

https://discourse.gnome.org/c/applications

Philip