Re: Link dialog and Undo for linking

2011/12/20 Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>:
> On Tue, 2011-12-20 at 15:55 -0500, Erick Pérez Castellanos wrote:
>> Allan has been MIA all day long. We want to talk about Link Dialog and
>> it's design. So, if you have any suggestion, any tips in the mockups
>> ( and I don't know which of those are final ) shoot. Let's tackle that
>> next.
>
> I think this is the current design:
>
> https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/raw/master/contacts/png/contact-selector-linking.png
>
> Sound like a good thing to work on.
> I will continue with the contact pane, there is still some details to be
> worked out there.

Yep, this definitely something that needs doing.

The updated design for contact linking is very simple - someone will
select 'Link...' from a context menu and then simply select the
contact that they want to link to.

However, I'm vacilating a little wrt the selection UI for this. I had
a grid approach until recently (see the mockup that Alex links to
above). I'm not sure that will work with portrait screen orientations,
however, so a straight list [1] seems more appropriate. I'm also
wondering whether we need to provide more information on the contact
that is being linked - hence the use of a preview pane in the new
mockup [1].

Anybody else got a view on this? I'll give it some more thought. In
the mean time, you could always make a start on linking using a simple
list dialog.

Best,

Allan

[1] https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/blob/master/contacts/png/contact-selectors.png