Re: status bars and strangeness

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 05:20 +0400, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:

> > Now, the appbar gets added as you might expect, however even though it
> > is the only element in the status bar (as this is the only
> > MGivaComponent window to have a status bar) the GnomeAppBar is not
> > expanded to fill the width and the text portion of the appbar is about
> > 2mm wide.
> >
> > Thoughts? Am I doing something wrong, is this expected behaviour, or is
> > this a bug somewhere in libbonoboui?
> >

> I know it's badly documented, but isn't it what you are searching?
>
> from docs/ui-xml.txt:
>
> <control> - a control to be inserted into the status area. If
> name="main" it overrides the standard bar. Otherwise it gets packed into
> the right side of the status area.
>
> If you don't want to be so small, but still want to have status text,
> proper selection of size request on control side may have sense

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here. If I set the name to main,
it simply becomes a GtkStatusBar and not the control I am trying to
pack. Perhaps I've forgotten, but is there a way to set the size of a
widget to be 'fill' and 'expand'? I seem to recall those properties are
in the packing widgets.

--d