Re: Problem Querying Bonobo_Unknown

A Seg, 2004-02-09 às 13:30, Stephane K. escreveu:
> Michael Meeks wrote:
>
> >Hi Andrew,
> >
> >On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 20:59 +1100, Andrew Burton wrote:
> >

> >>For some reason, I cannot get pstream to work with the
> >>Bonobo_Unknown_queryInterface call. If I use Bonobo_PersistFile instead,
> >>

> >	So the EOG control isn't implementing PersistStream - which is a shame;
> >of course, it's harder - but then it's often more flexible / efficient /
> >powerful so ... ;->
> >
> >	Of course - it'd be really nice if someone hacked up a generic
> >PersistFile -> PersistStream adaptor that worked via a /tmp file such
> >that this was hidden from users.
> >
> >	HTH,
> >
> >		Michael.
> >

> Hey people,
>
> anybody knows why the docs of bonobo 2.2 file persiststream and persist
> file as deprecated? What else should we use then?

  Nope, that got me confused as well.  The _interfaces_ PersistFile and
PersistStream are _not_ deprecated.  The only deprecated part is the C
implementations.  Michael explained once that these are very thin
implementations, therefore not worth keeping in the library, and
applications should make their own.  I'll see if I can update the docs
soon to explain this.

  Regards.

--
Gustavo João Alves Marques Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic.