Re: Bonobo_PersistFile interface too synchronous load/save oriented?
- From: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- To: Archit Baweja <bighead users sourceforge net>
- Cc: bonobo <gnome-components-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Bonobo_PersistFile interface too synchronous load/save oriented?
- Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 11:20:40 +0100
On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 22:03, Archit Baweja wrote:
> Now if this "file" object is to be turned wrapped in a Bonobo Control, I can't
> just call Bonobo_PersistFile_load () followed by add_to_mdi (). I have to wait
> till its done loading.
Right; which sucks.
> This is where I felt that the Bonobo_PersistFile lends itself to a more
> synchronous file ops approach.
> So the question is, is there something I'm missing that makes
> Bonobo_PersistFile flexible enough to be implemented for asynchronous file ops?
> Or do I define my own IDL interface would have to define Events?
> (much like the Gtk+, signals) and use it with a EventListener etc?
You need to spawn a thread to do it in; that's the only way to make it
sufficiently asynchronous for your needs I think. Also, it's only
thread-safe in Gnome 2.4 (ORBit-2.8.0+).
michael ximian com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev