Bonobo_PersistFile interface too synchronous load/save oriented?

Hi

I'm developing an HTML Editor. Now the "file" is a bonobo control which
implements the Bonobo_PersistFile interface.

Before, my "file" object wasn't a control (just a simple GObject), the file
object emmited 2 signals, "loaded" and "saved" at the end of the respective
async ops. So in case of a "Open File", after calling file_open (), I dont calladd_to_mdi(), but do it in the file's "loaded" callback

Now if this "file" object is to be turned wrapped in a Bonobo Control, I can't
just call Bonobo_PersistFile_load () followed by add_to_mdi (). I have to wait
till its done loading.

This is where I felt that the Bonobo_PersistFile lends itself to a more
synchronous file ops approach.

So the question is, is there something I'm missing that makes
Bonobo_PersistFile flexible enough to be implemented for asynchronous file ops?
Or do I define my own IDL interface would have to define Events?
(much like the Gtk+, signals) and use it with a EventListener etc?

TIA
Archit Baweja