Re: Sample bonobo2 container.

Hi Sergey,

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 23:28, Sergey V. Oudaltsov wrote:
> First, thanks a million for the container. Simple and interesting to
> play with. I offer some modifications of the container (support for
> png,pdf,ps and initial work for non-bonobowindow-based test app).

	Ok; so - in order to have this as a sample application, I'd like it to
be perfect :-) it's great that it's there - but _unfortunately_ I got
bitten quite hard by really, really bad code being cut and paste before
so it's not going to happen again :-)

	So; a few comments:

	a) hard-coded application specific things are un-maintainable /
non-scalable. We should do a bonobo_activation query. Better still we
should just use a moniker - which will do all the mime type / component
selection stuff for us. That should axe a chunk of code.

	b) no conditional compilation bits; can we make it a nicely structured
argument that changes GtkWindow <-> BonoboWindow, or just use the
BonoboWindow.

	c) Gnome coding style: 8 stop tabs, K&R.

	d) using 'exit(1)' in an app is pretty aweful :-) people are going to
copy this - so we need to do a g_warning ("Foo failed"); return; or
something.

	I think that's about it on the first pass; any chance of fixing  those
up, and buffing the code to a high shine ? [ without adding any more
comments ].

> If I could get at least
> toolbars... Well, gtkhtml really goes crazy in this mode. It shows
> formatting toolbar. Twice - on top and bottom:)

	Hmm; most odd.

> Michal, what do you think on this?

	Great work; just needs some more polish.

	Thanks,