Client side usage of PersistStream

Hi,

I've been looking for an example of client side
usage of the PersistStream interface. Specifically,
I want to feed a local file to a Control in the easiest
possible way. I've tried PersistFile, which works fine,
but not all Controls support PersistFile anymore as its
deprecated.

I'm currently blocked on the part where I need to
instantiate a Bonobo_Stream which I can pass to
Bonobo_PersistStream_load(). I've read somewhere that
GnomeVFS can create such a stream, but I didn't find
out how.

I'd be very grateful for any explanations or pointers
to sources I can study to see how this can be done.

Cheers,

Christian Glodt