Re: Activation problems

Hi Seth,

	Your code looks fine (of course).

On Sun, 2003-07-27 at 02:51, Seth Nickell wrote:
> This returns what *seems* like a valid object (at least, it isn't NULL
> and its internal values seem at least remotely sane), no exception is
> set. So now I call a method in my object...

	Is the structure layout printed out by gdb the same as that in the
header corba-object-type.h ?

	Either way - there are seriously broken autotools things, such that if
you include a .h file in a SOURCES line it throws away all dependency
tracking for that directory; thus it's _possible_ that a simple make
clean / make install in ORBit2 will fix the problem for you.

> Which blows up trying to ref the connection on the object, which is
> NULL.

	A stack trace ? we've done some things in this area recently to re-use
connections etc. but it seems to work fine; and indeed, for an in-proc
object, you shouldn't actually have a connection.

>  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? (and maybe even if I am there's a
> bug because it would be nice to have some sort of exception set
> somewhere rather than a segfault)

	Sure - it should never segfault; that's just broken :-) if we can do
better detecting your problem in future we'll try too - possibly
(somehow) a pointer to a BonoboObject has got returned (in-proc) instead
of the BONOBO_OBJREF () but if you use GenericFactory it's unlikely that
you'll get caught by that I think.

	More information appreciated,

	Thanks,

 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot