Re: Peer to Peer and Bonobo (learning bonobo)

A Sex, 2003-07-18 às 10:42, Mikoyan escreveu:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm back playing with Bonobo, but after playing some more
> with it, I'm not sure if I really do understand all of it.
> So I'm afraid I have some really newbie questions here.
>
> What I'm trying to achieve (just as an exercise) is to create
> a simple sample peer to peer chat program, where every
> instance of the program is thus a server and both a client
> to all the onder nodes in the network.
>
> When the chat program is launched it looks up all the activated
> instances, puts them in a list, and finaly "subscribes" himself
> to all the other found running instances.
>
> I don't know if CORBA/Bonobo/BonoboActivation really is suitable
> for this, btw.
>
> Anyhow, first of all, it is not clear how I should look
> up all other running servers (ok, I read about the oaf query
> language and the _active thingy, but still ...).

  A possible design for your application could be:

module Chat {

	interface Client {
		// send message to this client
		void message(in Client source, in string message);
	}

	typedef sequence<Client> ClientList;

	interface Server {
		void clientLogin(in Client client, in string username, in string
passwd) raises (InvalidLogin);
		void clientLogout(in Client client);
		ClientList listClients();
	}
}

  You would make a separate program to contain a factory for
Chat::Server.  Beware, though, that I'm not sure if bonobo-activation
allows registration from different hosts...

  The (GUI) chat application would implement Chat::Client, but have
nothing to do with bonobo-activation.

  Each client application would register with the server, activating it
first with b-a, but only one instance must be active at each time, and
that could be a bit tricky.

> Second, what kind of server has this to be. I never really
> used something else then a factory server, and I don't
> know what the others are/do :) Neverteless I assume
> a factory server would be suitable for this.

   Yes, but only for the object tracking logins, Chat::Server.

> And finaly, my uber-newbie question : Just to check if I
> do understand or not :
>
> With the factory server : if a client is for the first time
> started, the server will be started too. With every new client
> the server creates a new servant (an implementaion of the idl
> iface using a BonoboObject in this case) corresponding with
> every client. That's all there is to it? :)

  Like I said, you should implement a CORBA/Bonobo Object for each chat
client, which acts as both client and server.