Bonobo Some information

Dear people,
I'm doing my first experiments with bonobo and I got stuck right at the
beginning. I've successfully compiled libbonobo-2.2.3, along with the sample
application "echo". Now, whenever I run the client I get the message

(process:14051): Echo-WARNING **: Could not create an instance of the
sample echo component

It is my understanding that bonobo knows how to activate a server by
looking at a .server configuration file. In the specific case of the echo
sample, I've
modified the "location" attribute of the factory (in the .server file) so
that it points to the executable bonobo-echo-2 (I've tried both relative
and absolute paths), then I added the dir containing the server to the
OAF_INFO_PATH env variable. I've also tried to rename the .server file
into a corresponding .oaf one, with no luck.

I'd be grateful if any of you could give me some advice so that I can make
the first steps into this technology.

Thank you,
-- Pouria Masoudi--