Re: container/component printing?

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 05:49, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Gustavo,
>
> On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 11:52, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
> >   I am trying to add a printing interface to my Bonobo::Control.
> > However, I have two problems:
> >
> > 	1. The header file gnome-print-bonobo.h from libbonobo is not
> > installed. Oh, well, I'm getting used to this sort of thing; I can work
> > around it;
>
> 	Ah - this is a product of people fleeing when Bonobo arrives ;-) quite
> possibly we need to move the printing interface to libbonoboui, although
> it's clearly not a GUI interface.

Michael, I know this library split is getting crazy, but what are your
thoughts about having something like libbonoboprint? It could live
inside the libgnomeprint module, just that it would be a different
library that people link to, install it's own pkgconfig file, etc.

> > 	2. Apparently, controls wishing to implement a Bonobo::Print interface
> > are required to print themselves to a gnome print meta stream.
> > Unfortunately, the gnome-print-meta.h header file is also not installed.
> > So, how do I create a meta print context?
>
> 	Hard to say; the print-meta information was never such an elegant piece
> of code - I'd point the finger at Chema; Chema ?

We should split gnome-print-meta.h into gnome-print-meta.h and
gnome-print-meta-private.h, and install gnome-print-meta.h. This is the
easy fix once '1.' is fixed.

regards,
Chema