Re: silly bug of libbonobo; bug 104931

Hi Kang,

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 17:41, Kang Jeong-Hee wrote:
> is really bad situation.
> is that all the fault of implementations,

	Yes - almost entirely so. I (personally) blame the twofold problem of a
lack of a decent glib Stream abstraction - cf. the discussion on ddl.
And secondly the fact that because of that, people tend to architect
their I/O code badly.

> that does not provide stream interface *correctly*?
> then, how does the lumiere can open files and play well
> without the stream interface which is *essential part*?

	Implement the PersistFile interface - that will pass you a URI which
you can open with gnome-vfs. That method mostly sucks - but again the
lack of a common stream API[1] has stultified Gnome development in this
area.

	HTH,