Re: putting bonobo into an IDL

Hi Peter,

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 16:13, Peter Van Osta wrote:
> I know that bonobo is not a part of CORBA, but is there some way to
> include code into an IDL-file as shown on the webpage, this would
> facilitate manintainig the code for both server and the client.

	No; that example includes both IDL and C in the same box; ultimately
IDL is a common standard, you don't want your code included in it IMHO.
Unfortunately compiling IDL isn't the easiest thing to do; you'll need
to pinch some Makefile fragments from somewhere that gets it right I
think.

>  it is of
> course possible to insert all the necessary bonob code into the server
> and the client by hand, but this doesn't facilitate manintenance.

	I'm not quite sure what you're saying; you should link to libbonobo in
the normal way if you use it at all.

	HTH,