Re: bonobo ui problem

Hi Gustavo,

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 17:30, Gustavo Carneiro wrote:
>   I'm trying to embed a single menu item from a component ui into a
> container ui. The container has the following ui code:

	Great; it looks like you're doing it right XML-wise.

	I suggest you add:

	<menuitem name="Foo" cmd="BonoboUIDump"/>

	to the container - and press it after doing the merge to see if your
stuff turns up. I strongly suspect that it's simply not arriving in the
container for some reason. The XML is perfect - modulo translation -
which can come later.

>   Resuming, I want to put the ViewDefinitions from the component in the
> 'View' menu created by the main container.

	Fine.

>   Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be working (the menu item doesn't
> show up), and I have no idea why. Any thoughts?

	What code are you using to merge it ? what path do you merge to ? are
you certain that is being called ? what if you export
ORBIT2_DEBUG=traces - can you see the data passing between the
components ? [ you need ORBit2 built with --enable-debug ].

	HTH,

		Micahel.