bonobo ui problem

  I'm trying to embed a single menu item from a component ui into a
container ui. The container has the following ui code:

    <menu>
	<submenu name="File" _label="_File">
		(...)
	</submenu>

	<submenu name="View" label="_View">
	    <menuitem name="ViewToolbar"
		      verb="BonoboCustomize"
		      label="Tool Bar"
		      tip="Configure the Tool Bar"/>
	    <menuitem name="ViewStatusbar" verb=""/>
	    <placeholder/>
	</submenu>

	<placeholder/>

	<submenu name="Help" stockid="gtk-help">
		(...)
	</submenu>
    </menu>

  The component has the following:

    <commands>
	<cmd name="ViewDefinitions"
	     label="Definitions"
	     tip="Show or hide the definitions side pane"
	     type="toggle"
	     accel="F9"
	     />
    </commands>

    <menu>
	<submenu name="View" label="_View">
	    <menuitem name="ViewDefinitions" verb=""/>
	</submenu>
    </menu>

  Resuming, I want to put the ViewDefinitions from the component in the
'View' menu created by the main container.

  Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be working (the menu item doesn't
show up), and I have no idea why. Any thoughts?

--
Gustavo Joćo Alves Marques Carneiro