Re: deploying bonobo apps on nfs share directory

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 03:05, Gilbert Fang wrote:
> But,  we want to build a package re-allocatable. That is to say we can
> install this package  in a nfs share directory.

	Right;

> I wonder how oafd depends its $prefix setting, because when building ,
> we do not know where it will  be installed:-\ ?

	It will try and use the compiled in prefix; so you just need to ensure
that there is nothing there - or hack that code out; as you like.

> If oafd could not find $prefix/etc/oaf/ stuff and $prefix/share/oaf
> ... , can it work all right?

	Of course; but it obviously needs to be able to find the components
that it has to activate; you can use OAF_PATH I believe, or GNOME_PATH
to set the search path for that.

> Is there any other env variable to help me to avoid this problem?

	It's worth reading the pretty trivial code in oafd/main.c (or wherever
it is) then you can answer these questions yourself trivially.

> Yes, thanks. I prefer this.

	I'd recommend re-namespacing myself; but oaf-slay is an acceptable
solution, you might want to use killev instead though, and ensure that
you kill gconf-1 and gconf-2.