Re: [G2R] Re: SEEK_* enum values in SeekType

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, ERDI Gergo wrote:

> Michael,
>
> On 19 Mar 2002, Michael Meeks wrote:
>
> > 	Ok - so this problem is nasty; I think the best approach is to change
> > these to SeekCur, SeekPos, SeekEnd etc. following the Java naming
> > convention more.
> >
> > 	The problems are:
> >
> > 	a) We want to do this for everything really,
> > 	b) We need to be able to measure the impact and get release team
> > 	   approval first
> > 	c) We need to do it fast.
>
> I don't have good news for you -- if we change _every_ enum value for
> StudlyCaps, the impact will be HUGE, it will take a lot of time, and if I
> were the release team, frankly, I wouldn't approve it that late in the
> game.

At least in this case, the enum names should *NEVER* have been used in
the first place. Reusing things that are in the C implementation namespace
is pretty inexcusable, even if you add additional namespacing sugar around
it.

> --
>    .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
>    \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001
>     `---= cactus cactus rulez org =---'
> Semiconductor: part-time music director

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding