Re: bonobo_control_set_transient_for problem
- From: Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>
- To: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- Cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, Jeroen Zwartepoorte <jeroen xs4all nl>, bonobo <gnome-components-list gnome org>, otayler redhat com
- Subject: Re: bonobo_control_set_transient_for problem
- Date: 05 Jun 2002 17:55:42 -0400
On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 12:25, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 16:37, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > The centering there is just if you set GTK_WIN_POS_CENTER_ON_PARENT
> > which is basically a bogus option people shouldn't use.
> Oh interesting;
Very interesting indeed.
Why doesn't the GTK documentation say anything about this?
AFAIK if you don't use that and use gtk_window_set_transient_for() some
window managers will just position the window in the upper left corner
(which is what happens with Evolution right now if you run, say, KDE or
CDE). What is the suggested way to do the positioning properly then?
] [Thread Prev