Re: bonobo_control_set_transient_for problem
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Jeroen Zwartepoorte <jeroen xs4all nl>
- Cc: bonobo <gnome-components-list gnome org>, otayler redhat com, michael ximian com
- Subject: Re: bonobo_control_set_transient_for problem
- Date: 05 Jun 2002 11:37:24 -0400
Jeroen Zwartepoorte <jeroen xs4all nl> writes:
> Since it's just a hack to find the toplevel GdkWindow and not actually
> the GtkWindow, it also doesn't set GtkWindow->transient_parent. Which in
> turn causes the dialog to be unable to center itself over it's parent
> (see gtkwindow.c:gtk_window_compute_configure_request (4018)).
The centering there is just if you set GTK_WIN_POS_CENTER_ON_PARENT
which is basically a bogus option people shouldn't use.
> The dialog is positioned (with metacity) at 0,0 instead of centered over
> the parent.
I believe this is due to a separate GTK bug (sets PPosition when it
shouldn't). It's in bugzilla for GTK.
I don't think there's a Bonobo bug here.
] [Thread Prev