Introduction

Dear All,

I am new to this list, and just wanted to say "HI".

I would like to learn about how to create components that can be
accessable by perl/python and support Corba/IDL.  Right now I am
looking into how the bonobo IDLS are setup in the GNOME system.

I would like to find a simple example of how to :

1. Create a component stub/template starting with an IDL definition.
2. Bind those functions to existing C code.
3. Publish them via CORBA into Python and Perl for running.

It seems that GNUMERIC and Nautilus are two of the more bonobo-enabled
applications, and I will be looking into how they defined components.

Also I am interested in expanding the bonobo support of DIA, it
currently uses a GIMP style plug-in system, I hope that what I am
learning will help create a better scripting interface into DIA.

thats all for now, hope to hear from you,
regards,

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont