Re: help me to get GtkWidget ref for a bonobo element

Big Hi.

First, let me say sorry if I say silly question.
I'm just a newbie for bonobo world, and nothing acknowledgement.

On 2002.07.24 00:39 Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Kang,
>
> On Sat, 2002-07-20 at 16:49, Kang Jeong-Hee wrote:
> > I'm adding an toolbar ability to the gthumb.
> > because of gthumb using BonoboUI for main toolbar
> > my brain is rpming over limit. :)
>
> 	:-)
>
> > the gthumb does fullscreen feature that I'm trying to hack
> > by a GtkWindow has viewer widget reparented directly from main window.
>
> 	Ok - this sucks as a way to do it pretty much; you really don't want to
> do it like that I think. You want to use a BonoboWindow for the
> toplevel, and then (perhaps) copy across the XML / write a proxy
> BonoboUIContainer that will forward requests to 2 places - the app and
> the toplevel; shouldn't be _that_ tough really.

1. you told me to make fullscreen->toolbar BonoboWindow, right?
as I file a bug 88696, tried but failed with BonoboWindow
to make it transient for GTK_WINDOW (fullscreen->window).
I don't understand why BonoboWindow not work thou the code is the same.

2. copy the XML is the bonobo_ui_component_set () or so, right?
I think you mean bonobo_ui_component_get () for "/Toolbar"
and paste it on "/Fullscreen_Toolbar" or so.
but, is that work?
the main window and fullscreen->toolbar is differ, isn't it?
I even cannot imagine how can I make "/Toolbar" and "/Fullscreen_Toolbar"
place to each differ BonoboWindow, while both work well.

pliz tell me more detail.