Re: libbonoboui distcheck patch

Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:

>> Yes - at least someone needs to put the effort into getting this right;
>> I see neither glib nor gtk+ have done so [ where this ugly fragment was
>> copied from ]. Autogenerating code into $(srcdir) is just really bad
>> news, and it makes distcheck fail with newer autotools who write protect
>> the source dir.
>>
>> The whole thing sucks really; still - if it makes things build better
>> for you - I suppose we can accept it temporarily with a heavy heart -
>> but I'd like the situation properly fixed - and preferably without the
>> need to cut and paste tens of lines of error prone Makefile ruleage from
>> glib - which doesn't do it right anyway.

Michael, you're mixing up a much larger issue with a smaller one. Just
removing the cd from those make lines will fix the problem Havoc was seeing
without affecting the overall "srcdir strategy" at all.

I'll fix it.

We could later just change libbonoboui to do the marshal files just the way
libbonobo does. I think that one is closer to the way you'd like it.

On 1/8/02 11:36 AM, "Havoc Pennington" <hp redhat com> wrote:

> It's unfortunate that there's no good way to have "Makefile libraries"
> to avoid cut-and-paste, but I really don't think there is a good way.

Are you sure? A simple include works inside Makefile.am and we can set make
variables.

    -- Darin