Re: i18n vs. BonoboActivationFactory

Hi Jens,

On Sun, 2002-02-03 at 12:36, Jens Finke wrote:
> I noticed a problem with the BONOBO_ACTIVATION_FACTORY macro. It doesn't
> call bindtextdomain and friends within main, which prevents i18n for all
> components created by the factory.

	That sucks. But I don't feel hyper happy about changing that now
really, especially since it effectively adds PACKAGE, GNOMELOCALEDIR
etc. to the API.

> Attached is a patch which fixes this,
> but it's likely that it introduces problems, because of the required
> PACKAGE and GNOMELOCALEDIR definitions.

	Yep.

> Should I commit this patch or is there a better solution?

	I think we'll just have to unroll the macro for most people - that's
not a problem, we can still use bonobo_generic_factory_main which is
where most of the action goes on.

	Thanks for looking into it though; perhaps you could commit a comment
with a warning something like:

	/* This macro does no i18n */

	in the header, to help others.

	Thanks,