Re: gep-1

On 27 Aug 2002, Michael Meeks wrote:

> 	I agree; it's better to have a separate ORBit2-C++ package that works
> (default build), than to impose complexity on the builder IMHO. I
> personally, would only really accept C++ bindings in the default build
> of ORBit2, or outside of it

I still haven't seen any analysis of whether we really have a choice here
-- is it technically possible to, within ORBit2 proper's API constraints,
export enough stuff for ORBit2/C++ to be separatable?
Maybe the original ORBit2/C++ authors could give us a clue on this? I've
never touched the interface between the C and the C++ part (well, I guess
you could say everything in a C++ wrapper is just an interface between C
and C++ parts, but you get the idea...)

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001