Re: gep-1

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 10:03, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > Hmm, why is that?
>
> As I said before: Only the default build will be
> packaged as RPM as debs, so people won't actually have access to the C++
> stuff. I don't have enough confidence that package builders will be able
> to cope with this situation.

	I agree; it's better to have a separate ORBit2-C++ package that works
(default build), than to impose complexity on the builder IMHO. I
personally, would only really accept C++ bindings in the default build
of ORBit2, or outside of it - I loathe this forest of conditionals that
plagued us in the past. The 'off' setting would then only be good for
pure ORBit2 users on odd systems.

	Also - it seems to me that if your vendor shipped an ORBit2 with the
settings off, you'd be on a stickier wicket trying to compile and
install a compatible C++ 'half' than if they were 2 separate packages.