Re: gep-1

On 16 Aug 2002, Michael Meeks wrote:

> > Sounds like you need to write your own GEP. (-:
>
> 	Absolutely; it seems having C++ stuff more integrated into the 'core'
> would be nice - but then again, can they make committments to API and
> ABI stability going forward - and do they understand the ramifications
> of that ;-)
>
> 	My feeling would be that you can't on the 1 hand ask to be in the core
> and on the other not be ABI/API stable.

I think this should start with defining what ABI guarantees we will be
giving for the c++ bindings. If you want to give C style guarantees,
you will have to wire down the comiler and toolchain versions.

It would IMHO also be nice if the adoption into the core of any language
bindings was staggered and happened one layer at a time.

> 	But it's worth asking some core maintainers to see if they'd support
> you creating a GEP on that issue.
>
> 	Regards,
>
> 		Michael.
>
> --
>  mmeeks gnu org  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot

	Sander

	This is the place where all
	the junkies go
	where time gets fast