Re: gep-1

On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 09:24, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > Sounds like you need to write your own GEP. (-:
>
> 	Absolutely; it seems having C++ stuff more integrated into the 'core'
> would be nice - but then again, can they make committments to API and
> ABI stability going forward - and do they understand the ramifications
> of that ;-)

Yes we do. gtkmm 1.2 and gnomemm 1.2 have been stable and disciplined
about it for a long time now. gtkmm 1.2 was officially part of GNOME 1.4
as far as I know, because it didn't need a new unstable phase.

However, adding it to the GNOME2 core would only delay releases due to
the extra work. So I think we'd prefer to be accepted into the platform
when we are stable.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net