Re: [G2R] Re: Removing _construct functions when fixing _new() functions.

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 10:01:26PM +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:

> Michael has already said in his previous email that this type of cleanup
> is acceptable at this stage of libbonoboui's API maturity.

While api cleanliness is a good thing, I can't say that this seems
terribly appropriate at this stage of the release process.  Every
api change now means more binary incompatibility in the library set.
Change strictly at the cosmetic level of removing _construct
functions does not seem important enough to warrant breaking the
freeze.  I'd rather see the construct methods marked as deprecated,
and removed in the next dev cycle.

The _only_ changes that should be going in now are brown paper bag
oversights.   Sorry, but we need to draw the line somewhere.