Re: BonboWindow and language bindings

Hi Murray,

On Sat, 2002-03-30 at 00:09, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Am I right in thinking that BonoboWindow does not correspond to any
> particular CORBA interface?

	Yes; it's a CORBA, spring-loaded widget / window.

> It seems to implement lots of client-side functionality. I guess the
> only way to use the whole BonoboUI XML system in other languages is to
> wrap the BonoboWindow C API as just another GTK+ class.

	Yes - that's quite right. Since we don't wrap all of Gtk+ with a CORBA
binding, we have these (somewhat ugly) joins where Gtk+ is glued to
CORBA ;-)

> If so then I guess it will be called GnomeWindow one day.

	That was the hope, but for porting reasons that never happened - also
the Gtk+ people don't like it ;-) which didn't help with making it the
standard.