Re: bug (?) in libbonobo that is breaking evolution

On 12 Sep 2001, Peter Williams wrote:
> Hmm... FWIW, I managed to see this behavior (only once, sigh) in the
> mailer once. I had exited from the shell and it was pegging the CPU in
> the same gtk main loop code as in the addressbook. I tried to step
> through in gdb, but nexting out of gtk_main_iteration caused GDB to
> crash. Doh. I don't think the mailer has code like what Jon
> mentioned... and the gtk main loop wasn't in an idle call, either :-(

	Hmm - in which case, I think I've seen similar things where you
have a GSource that isn't handled properly on a file descriptor with some
error condition.

> So I guess I'm saying, maybe the solution to this problem is something
> else.

	Possibly; it'd be good to see what sources were active; correlate
vs. an lsof on the process and see what the states of them are ... lots of
painfull gawping at pollrecs though ...

	Hmm,