Re: Locating pixmap files

Hi Martin,

On 10 Sep 2001, Martin Baulig wrote:
> before we can fully remove the libgnome dependency from libbonoboui,
> there's one little problem: the pixmap file locator in
> bonobo-ui-util.c which currently calls gnome_program_locate_file().

        Hmm - we also could do with the app name really.

        That sucks; perhaps we need to keep the dependency for this
release, and move some of the information into libbonobo at a later stage
to cut us free from libgnome.

> So what about adding an additional `const gchar *app_prefix' argument
> to bonobo_ui_init() and a new bonobo_ui_get_app_prefix() function -
> and we should also make the find_pixmap_in_path() public.

        I suppose we just leave the dependency for now, and move on up the
platform and get these apps ported ?