Re: RFC - Storing translated values in a PropertyBag

On 1 Sep 2001, Martin Baulig wrote:

> Dietmar Maurer <dietmar ximian com> writes:
> > Maybe we should also consider a special method:
> >
> > getLocalizedValue (in string key, in string locale);
>
> Hmm, IMO this is really a good idea.

Seriously, is it really a good idea to store translated strings in the
user configuration? What was the use case for this?

Storing *any* user visible string in the user configuration sound like a
very bad idea. What happens if the user changes locale? What happens if
the  translation for someting changes? What happens if the user changes
the configuration setting (in one locale)?

I may be confused about the scope of this. Please educate me.

/ Alex