Re: RFC - Storing translated values in a PropertyBag

Dietmar Maurer <dietmar ximian com> writes:

> > My proposal - PART I:
> > =====================
> >
> > a) getValue ("/bonobo-config-test/test-string") returns the untranslated
> >    string as CORBA::string. I think this is what it already does.
>
> No, currently it returns the string which matches the current locale.

Ok, then let's keep it this way (except that this won't work if the database
is used by different users).

> > My proposal - PART II:
> > ======================
>
> I think the first proposal is easier for programmers.

Well, but it's required from a technical point of view.

In the getValue() etc. implementation of your moniker, it must be allowed to
treat anything which is of type CORBA_tk_struct or CORBA_tk_sequence like an
ordinary CORBA struct/sequence - without providing any special support for
Bonobo::Config::LocalizedString(List).

This implies that any existing moniker will continue to work if we implement
my proposal.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)