Re: dot-oaf style questions

Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Bill Haneman wrote:
>
> > Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > >
> > >         Its completely up to you what information you want to make
> > > available.
> >
> > Hmm, that's my concern.  I don't see why the query would not know about
> > inheritance - unless of course it's too hard/expensive to implement ;-)
>
>         Implementing that would require knowing about the interface
> hierarchy from somewhere else than the xml file. That *would* be
> expensive to implement.
>
>         The thing to remember is that a bonobo-activation query is
> basically just a search through the .server files available on the
> system. That's all the information available to it.

Yeah, I more-or-less knew that.  Makes one wonder however whether there
shouldn't be something like inheritance indicated via XML somewhere, for
instance in the activation config files.  As it stands the interfaces
are just tags, it would be nice to have a tag repository (in XML, again)
that contained inheritance info for those tags.  Then the additional
expense would be somewhat limited.  Perhaps an enhancement for the
future?

-Bill