Storages

I've been working on Persist functionality in bonobo-draw and ran across
a rather strange behavior.  The particular error that has me stumped is
when I try to do a Bonobo_Storage_openStorage with a
Bonobo_Storage_CREATE flag and get a NotFound exception.  That seems
counter-intuitive to me to start with. The call occurs in:

bonobo-draw/src/shapes-io.c (save_shape):

I'm using the efs Storage plugin.  The toplevel storage I'm testing with
is created in:

bonobo-draw/container/container-io.c

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,