Re: Link fix

Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> writes:

> Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:
>
> > Hi Federico,
> >
> > On Wed, 16 May 2001, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> > > May I commit?
> >
> > 	Looks good to me, but there was some issue with this though - I
> > forget what it was, I think we want some _LIBADD action there as well to
> > fix it properly,
>
> The last time that line got changed was in 1999...
>
> So I have committed it :)
>
> [I just upgraded to libtool 1.4; that may be what triggered the
> problem.]

Actually, you just upgraded to libtool, that's what fixed the problem
that Michael was "working around" in a way that was:

 - unportable to various systems that hardcode full paths to libraries
   into executables.
 - GNU make specific.

If your fix goes in, you want to make sure the autogen.sh forces
people to have libtool-1.4 and the accompanying automake.

(Current, e.g., GLib autogen.sh has some hacky checks for this in it.)

                                        Owen