Re: newer and improveder new and improved oaf-slay

James Morton <gengis hawaii rr com> writes:

> This is surely none of my business.  Why I feel the need to reply is
> beyond me.  It comes with the CC to a public mailing list though, I
> suppose.

I had a long response written, but then I thought, you're right, it's
none of your business. And I really shouldn't have posted my message
on a public list. Mea culpa.

I will respond to one out-of-context bit:

> "You are welcome to take your ball and go home if you think that's the
> best option. :-)"

Note that this was a response to:

"I'm confused, perhaps I should have written bonobo-slay instead of
oaf-slay :-)"

I hope that clarifies my point.

> Let me once again apologize for butting my nose in where it does not belong.

Apology accepted.

And my aplogies for flame-mongering. I hope Michael understands the
commit policy better now, and he's still welcome to check in to the
test code whenever he wants (but not to approve other people's
commits), even though it's not written down any more, at his request.

I hope he also chooses not to argue with the commit policy in the
future, since he wouldn't want people to question his right to flame
those who fix the bonobo build when he breaks it.

Regards,

Maciej