Re: Bug in configure?

Malte Thoma wrote:

> Hallo ,
>
> I try to complile bonobo-1.0.2 but the configure ends with
> 'checking for libIDL >= 0.6.8... configure: error: not found'
>
> but the comand '/usr/bin/libIDL-config --version' gives the result
> '0.6.8'
>
> Can you help me?

When configure fails to find a program or library that
it needs and errors out, then next thing that you do is

   less config.log

and look inside it for the "checking for libIDL" part.
Either paste in the output so we can help you fix it,
or know that libIDL probably depends on something that
was not thrown into the soup... fixed with a LIBS= line,
usually.

> (Please send the response to my e-mail adress, because I`m not in the
> mailing list)

It's painless to be on the list.  Go ahead and subscribe.
If you had, or had at least searched the archives for this list
and for the gnome-devel list, you would have found similar answers
from me to this common question.  By subscribing and getting this
solved on the list, you'll make your problem/solution available to
others.

> Thank you,
>
> Malte Thoma

Best,