Re: Segfault with BonoboXObject

Hi Jens,

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Jens Finke wrote:
> since I've updated eog-collection component to use the new
> BonoboXObject system, it crashes always when calling the
> bonobo_object_finalize_real method. I get the following backtrace:

        I'm guessing you updated the parent type in the
bonobo_x_type_unique, but in your class init you do something like:

        parent_class = gtk_type_class (bonobo_object_get_type ());

        it is best to use:

#define PARENT_TYPE BONOBO_TYPE_X_OBJECT

        And remember to change both instances of the parent type to use
this macro to avoid the problem in future.

        If you chain erroneously to bonobo_object->finalize / destroy
instead of the BonoboXObject stuff you get problems like this. If you come
up with a nice way of providing a warning, please let me know. The
headache is due to providing so much bin-compat.

        The finalize should not be called except when the embedded
CORBA_Object hits 0 ORB refs:

> #1  0x40178b34 in bonobo_object_finalize_real (object=0x809c708) at
> bonobo-object.c:632
> #2  0x804ec87 in eog_collection_view_finalize (object=0x809c708) at
> eog-collection-view.c:147

        Try eog-collection-view.c (class_init):