Re: Component Icons

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 08:47:29PM +0100, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Sebastian Rittau wrote:
>
> > The icon's filename is supplied as oaf_attribute like this:
> >
> > <oaf_attribute name="icon" type="string"
> >                value="/usr/share/pixmaps/bonobo/blank-tile.png"/>
>
> You will need to somehow either encode the pixmap itself into the oafinfo
> file (bad), or hack a new attribute type into OAF that streams the
> contents of a file instead of the filename (BAAAAAAD).
> In other words, I have no idea how this could be done Right(tm).

I don't think it's a problem to use a relative pathname to icons
(value="blank-tile.png"). All tile icons had to be stored at a
fixed location, set during ./configure. If a host uses a component
and doesn't have its pixmap installed it will just display a standard
icon as if the component hadn't have an "icon" attribute.

Streaming file contents should also be possible. I don't see why
this is so bad. It may in fact be favourable if oaf would support
custom data streaming.

 - Sebastian