Re: oafd compatibility for GNOME 1 and GNOME 2?

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Michael Meeks wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jun 2001, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> > Is it an important feature to be able to activate GNOME 1.x components
> > with oaf from GNOME 2.x?
> >
> > I'm tryint to set up oaf2 to be able to parallel install with the
> > GNOME 1.x oaf, and I'm wondering whether it's correct to rename oafd,
> > and the location where .oaf files are found.
>
>         I currently have issues with killing all my evolutions when I
> oaf-slay, and monikers getting mixed between Gnome 2.0 and Gnome 1.4
> causing extreme wierdness :-)
>
>         So, I would suggest two things:
>
>                 * Have oafd2 renamed, so we can run both

I think we need ensure that liboaf-1 clients can talk to oafd-2. If this
is not the case, something's borked...?

-- Elliot
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar.  I feel like
I've just got to bite a cat!  I feel like if I don't bite a cat before
sundown, I'll go crazy!  But then I just take a deep breath and forget
about it.  That's what is known as real maturity.	-- Snoopy