Re: bonobo-process

ISO-8859-1 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 05 Jun 2001 08:17:04 +0200, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> > > Anyways, there are a couple of open issues (security, and how the
> > > moniker should work), so I thought it would make a good addition to
> > > bonobo-extras.
> >
> > Well, everything sounds useful :-) Where can I find the sources?
>
> Okay, here is a big patch against bonobo to supply bonobo-process,
> bonobo-stream-fd, and bonobo-moniker-exec.
>
> If this is okay I can get the bonobo-extra build stuff up and running if
> you want.

Well, this stuff is for Gnome 1.4, so you can either:

    - port it to Gnome2 and add it to bonobo-extra

    - add it to bonobo-support (contains 1.4 stuff)

> Also, there is a smaller patch to bonobo-stream-client.c to handle
> partial reads correctly, though I'm not sure if I'm breaking semantics
> here.

I think bonobo_stream_client_read() needs a rewrite (looks a bit clumsy). And
what if someone passes NULL for length_read?

> The big question with the exec moniker is how to handle changing to
> another user to execute a command, both for security, and handling
> generic PAM authentication.

Why do we need that?

And cant we make it a shared library moniker?

- Dietmar