Re: file type selection

> i've started hooking up some of the directory filtering things, and
> would like a bit of feedback.

Certainly.

> does it really make sense to accept both regexps and mime types[1]?

It depends.  Sometimes I like to write filenames that are of the type:
sample_file.stuff and I have 10 of theese.  Lets say I have 200 files of
type text/plain in a directory.  If I used mime types I would not be able
to reduce my set of files to something manageable.

Why not be able to regex on a set of mime types?  You can filter
everything that is text/plain?

> i think it makes sense to leave the regexps out, as they should be
> registered with the mime database.  this provides an easy way to do
> mime-type name lookup, so that we don't also have to pass a list of type
> descriptions.

Mime-types doesn't address what regexps are really for.  We use regexp to
reduce the set of files we want ot look at.  Your only filtering out the
type of files.  You need to be able to use regexp on mime types.  That
would make sense.

	sri