some thoughts on dialogs

lately, my life has been lacking in fun.  so yesterday i hacked eog to
use the new file-sel and came to a thought.

since the file-sel is (currently) a control, it must be placed in a
window.  currently it does make a lot more sense to have the window be
local to the process, for such things as modality and parent settage.

but in terms of use easage, having a component which up poppages its own
window is simply simpler.  this got some thoughts inside of my head,
which i am now attempting to expell.

eventually i will just add a file sel dialog component, which will have
properties in it such as window title, window id of parent, and will
emit such events as "ok", "cancel", "window deleted" and the like.

this does seem like a general purpose (and something that should be
in-proc for modality reasons) so i am noting this here at this time for
others to contemplate.

I THINK I HAVE READ TOO MUCH POKEY TODAY!!!

jacob
--
In the afterlife, a cute .signature will only get you so far.