Re: GenericFactory FUBAR?

Hi Gergo,

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> I am very happy you decided to help me on this because this is
> really blocking my work.

        Ok, so I'm looking at this too, and there have been a couple of
issues for me with the 'file:' moniker.

> > Again, I need to know which factory if I should help you :-)
>
> I can't resolve _any_ monikers. I have attached the actual test code I
> used, but this is not really factory-dependant as no moniker works.

        Ok - I suspect oaf brokenness - Oaf can't live with itself from
Gnome 1.0 - this is an ongoing and serious bug. We need a new oaf set for
Gnome 2.0 - either that, or we have to rename every single interface -
which will cause masses of pain for every bit of code written.

        ie. it's probable that your GNOME_PATH at the time you started oaf
pointed to a place containing descriptions of the old monikers, or that
you have them mixed up in your prefixes - or somesuch.

        Does that make sense ? Either way I'm working on a test-moniker
regression test in libgnome.