Re: bonobo_client_site_new_item

Hi Jody,

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> >         Yes - Mike Kestner has fixed all this in libbonoboui, I think you
> > should probably be looking to work on the Gnome 2.0 platform, since Bonobo
> > is frozen - we cannot fix API issues like this there. Indeed, I am keen on
> > not adding any features to Bonobo 1.0, and simply bug fixing it.
>
> sigh, does this mean we should hold off developing gnumeric's bonobo
> support until we jump to 2.0 ?

	It depends rather ... I wouldn't invest a fortune in time and
effort in getting gnumeric to play ball with the obscure interfaces in
bonobo 1.0 - such as cut and paste, etc.

	Just have a look at the new IDL - it's a lot cleaner, and it will
show you what changed ... Of course, for simple, rectangular sheet objects
such as graphs there is nothing too drasticaly wrong with bonobo 1.0, and
not much changes to bonobo 2.0 [ except at the thin interface layer ].

	So ...

	HTH,