Re: So, what should we do about Persist::getIId?

Hi Gergo,

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> I am not really happy that the initial discussion about
> getIId/getMoniker between Michael and me occured on iRC instead of a
> mailing list, so I will first try to summarize said discussion.

        Grief ...

> I, for one, love ideas and design discussions that look into the long
> term, but it is the 18th of July, I haven't written a single line of
> Bonobo-Clipboard code yet, and while it will be (of course) developed
> outside Bonobo proper

        I'd like the clipboard code to be in bonobo if we can get it
working and tested by the end of the month - it's an important API.

> we need a working change to Persist by the date of the API freeze.

        Or do we - we can always aggregate a new interface. Either way a
Moniker is a more powerful superset of an IID - both proposals are
effectively:

        string getString ();

        it's not worth delaying indefinately over a name,