Re: Bonobo UI stuff

Sander,

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Sander Vesik wrote:
> >         In conclusion, the idea of sending URL's via the CORBA wire is
> > evil.  Having them in the XML is do-able, but only really if they are
> > converted on the client side to a stream / coded representation. Martin's
>
> I was specificly talking about XML and URIs and nothing at all about
> sending anything over any kind of transport, be it wire, socket or
> something else, except for mentioning potential use of gnome-vfs.

	It may have eluded your research, but the XML in question (UI
description) forms a part of the Bonobo UI API, which is built on top of a
CORBA transport between a component and a container which may reside on
different machines.

	I see no useful use of gnome-vfs here. A stream API on the other
hand for streaming images - yes.